Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Watercolor Christmas Project Kit Alternatives

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by today.  My sister visited last week so I did not get a chance to blog, but we crafted all week. I have lots to share with you over the next couple of weeks.  Where to begin is the challenge.  Let's start at the end of the week.

Last Friday I held a workshop.  My sister helped with the prep work so a big thank you to Cheryl for helping me organize and clean up!

I love the Watercolor Christmas stamps and decided that would be a great set to initiate new stampers to card making.  I had everyone buy the Watercolor Christmas Project Kit and the matching stamps.

Images @ Stampin' UP!
Whenever I work with a kit I can't resist changing the cards a bit. The two pictures you see are alternate card designs I used for the workshop. The cards had a Christmas theme and 20 cards seemed a bit stingy for this holiday.  I split the card bases where possible and ended up with over 35 cards per person. 

I will start with my favorite stamp from this set, Oh Joy. 

Here are the alternate cards created from the original diagonally striped card base. I cut the front of the card at 2 7/8 x 5 1/2 and repeated that  on the back to create the cards you see here.

Images @Stampin' UP!
You may recognize the design of the above card.  I used the same blueprint from my gender reveal card for this card.  You will find more information about that card HERE.  Instead of the Stampin' Up! Cable Knit embossing folder I used an old Tim Holtz embossing folder.

The second card is very simple and quick to make.

Blueprint:

Whisper White cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Emerald Envy cardstock
Basic Black 1/4 x 5 1/2, enough to die cut the large oval
Layering Ovals
Black Rhinestones
Gold Sequins
Emerald Envy Ribbon

Do something creative today!

Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment