Thursday, March 29, 2018

CAS(E) Paper Pumpkin Alternatives

Good morning and welcome to The Paper Maven. Its been a dreary couple of days but hopefully my post will brighten your day.  I bought a Paper Pumpkin subscription for one of my friends this past  Christmas which was a present for not only her but me too. I get to have a craft date and better yet,  I have a great excuse to extend my Paper Pumpkin subscription. Like I need an excuse! LOL

Debbie and I (yes we both have the same name) scheduled craft dates every 4 weeks on Friday afternoons.  We started our journey with February's Paper Pumpkin kit.  Unfortunaltey, neither of us was overly excited about the sample designs in this kit.  So, off to Pinterest and You Tube we went.  

Thanks to many, many Paper Pumpkin subscribers for your inspiration. Here are two designs altered to make it our own.  





Here is a very simple card with layers of Powder Pink that make everything pop. A white card base and white mats  add a lot of dimension to the card.  The two top layers are popped with dimensionals.  This is my favorite of all alternates made so far.  






This alternative used an embossing folder from my stash, a Powder Pink mat and the Powder Pink Stampin' Write marker to color the small pearls that were in the kit.  
This alternative is very similar to the above card but I used Powder Pink to mat the three floral rectangles also. I had a hard time deciding on the sentiment to use for the front of these two cards.  But I will add one appropriate to the occassion before mailing.  


Which card do you like best?  I thought either design would make a great gift for someone.  I can easily make four more of each with all my left over supplies.  I may create a variety of sentiments and let the lucky recipient choose what the card says.  I think that's a great idea! 

Would you appreciate a package of cards with the flexibility to choose a sentiment of your liking?  That of course means the recipient will need to glue the sentiment to the card.  Your feedback would help me decide.

Recipes:

Single Flower
Whisper White card base: 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
Powder Pink mats: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8; 2 3/8 x 4 1/2; 1 5/8 x 3 3/4
Whisper White mats: 2 1/4 x  4 3/8; 1 1/2 x 3 5/8
Paper Pumpkin Sahara Sand mats; 4 x 5 1/4; 1 3/4 x 3 7/8
Linen thread from Paper Pumpkin Kit 

Triple Flower Rectangles
Whisper White card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Powder Pink mats: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8;  (3) 1 5/8 x 2 5/8
Paper Pumpkin Sahara Sand mats; 4 x 5 1/4 emboss with Basket Weave embossing folder
Paper Pumpkin flowered tags cut to (3) 1 1/2 x 2 1/2
Linen Thread from Paper Pumpkin Kit

Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop back on Saturday.  I am sharing a great recipe that my family loves to eat for breakfast, sweet cinnamon buns.  

Do something creative today!  

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment