Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Amazing Springtime Foil


Good morning crafters.  Hope your week is off to a good start.  Mine certainly is.  Yesterday was such a great day.  The sun was shining, the temperature outside was perfect for yard work.  I started cleaning my flower beds.  Spring is truly here!

Today I am sharing three quick cards made with Stampin' Up!'s amazing new Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper (DSP.)


The first card was a thank you card I sent to Angela, one of my new customers.  She is new to card making and scrapbooking so I am excited to help her along her crafting journey.  Welcome Angela!






Using the same measurements, I made the second card for my Mom's 88th Birthday last week.  However this time I added ombre ribbon, fussy cut one flower from the DSP and colored with matching Stampin' Write Markers.  I put the sentiment (Stampin' Up!'s Happy Birthday Thinlits Die) on the inside of the card.


Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I mailed the card to Mom.  Opps!



This final card was my interpretation of Glitter Queens Card Sketch # 21.  Thanks Dawn for such a great sketch.  All of the cards in today's post are based on that sketch which you can find here.  I added Copper Metallic Thread, Vellum Card Stock, a sentiment from Sale-A-Bration, Celebrate You Thinlits Dies and Copper Embossing Powder for the "You're" sentiment.  Yes, I did cut my stamp apart! I do this frequently and find it makes my stamp sets more versatile.

Recipe:

Tranquil Tide card base cut at 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
Copper Foil base cut at 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
Springtime Foils mat cut at 5 1/4 x 4
Rectangles: Tranquil Tide cut at 2 3/8 x 3 5/8; DSP (Copper Foil and Springtime Foils) cut at 2 1/4 x 3 1/2
Vellum cut at 2 1/8 x 3 3/8
Stamp set: Falling For You
Stampin Write: Island Indigo, Garden Green, Blender Pen
Ribbon: Ombre Island Indigo
Other: Copper Metallic Thread, Classic Label, Celebrate You Thinlits Dies

Thank you for stopping by today.  See you on Thursday with a few Paper Pumpkin alternative cards.

Please share your thoughts below. I would love to hear from you.

Do something creative today!

Debi

1 comment:

  1. Debi thank you so much for the card. I shared it with my co-workers and everyone loved.

    ReplyDelete