Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Spotlight - Awesome Pumpkin Pie


Welcome to Saturday Spotlight!  It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is almost here.  Where did the time go.  Today I am sharing one of my Thanksgiving traditions, awesome pumpkin pie.  This pie is a bit spicy and not super sweet.  

I am calling it a pie but you may have noticed in the photo there is no crust. I am sensitive to gluten so I do not put a crust on my pumpkin pie.  My family loves the filling more than the crust,  so this works well for us.  I usually top this with homemade whip cream.  Yum!



I also like to use smaller ramekin dishes and bake "mini pies".  They make a great single serving breakfast on the run or a delicious treat for family members to take home and eat the next day.  Everyone is very good about returning my baking dishes.  This ensures they will have a take-home treat next year!


Here is the recipe:

3 cups of cooked or canned pumpkin; 
2 cups brown sugar; 
1 tsp salt; 
2 tsp of cinnamon, ( I often add more cincinnamon)
1 tsp nutmeg; 
1 tsp ginger;  ( I usually double this amount)
1/4 tsp ground cloves; 
1/4 tsp ground allspice; 
4 eggs, slightly beaten; 
1/4 cup of butter melted; 
Mix the above ingredients until well blended
Pour into a 10 inch pie shell or bake without a crust

For a crusted pie bake at 450 for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 325 for about 45 minutes or until center is set.  

For a no crust pie bake at 325 for about 55 minutes.  

Thanks again for stopping buy.  Make sure you visit The Paper Maven throughout the month of December for lots of Christmas cookie recipes; a family tradition that spans generations.  

Do something creative today!

Debi



No comments:

Post a Comment