Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Another Watercolor Christmas Alternative

Welcome everyone! Today's post will be short and sweet given the long to do list we all have this week.  I am sharing the last of the alternative cards for the Watercolor Christmas Kit.  This kit was a lot of fun and I hope you have all found a little inspiration in the cards I have posted this past week.

One of my workshop attendees last week used the Watercolor Card Kit as an activity to share with her granddaughter this past weekend.  They had so much fun finishing all the cards from our class.  So glad I was a small part of making a wonderful memory for Lori Beth.

The Merriest Christmas Wishes stamp from the set is wonderful as a focal point for this card.  I followed the design of the original card in the kit but changed the color to Tranquil Tide which reminds me of the holly bushes that used to be in my front yard and coordinates well with the holly cut-outs in the kit.  I embossed the Tranquil Tide mat with Stampin' UP's Holly embossing folder.  I like the texture it adds to the card.

The gold envelope liners were repurposed to make a background mat for the card, the sentiment and small dots for embellishments.  I added the holly leaves from the kit and a white card base.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy week to stop by and spend it with me at The Paper Maven.

Do something creative today!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment