Thursday, November 16, 2017

Water Color Christmas Kit Alternatives

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing another alternative card to the Water Color Christmas Kit.  There are so many ways to make this kit your own. Since we are all super busy this time of year, it's a quick way to make cards for family and friends.

I really love how this card turned out.  Tranquil Tide works so well with the pre-printed Christmas trees in the kit. I made the base card from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and used Tranquil Tide for the first mat.  I cut the card from the kit into two mats and embossed with a Tim Holtz folder that coordinated well with the theme of the card.  I inked all of the edges with Tranquil Tide Ink and added a piece of matching ribbon. 

I thought the gold envelope inserts were georgous and did not have the heart to line my envelopes that way.  For this card, I punched a few tiny circles from the gold liners.  A small but dramatic touch. 

The original cards are pictured here.  They are so easy to put together.  Everything is cut out for you.  Just stamp and glue.  Check out your stash and see what you find to coordinate with this adorable kit.

Blueprint:

Cherry Cobbler 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Tranquil Tide 4 1/8 x 5 3/8; 2 3/8 x 3 7/8
Green shaded card base two pieces 4 x 5 1/4, dry emboss
Gold Metallic pen for stars on trees

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure you catch Saturday Spotlight this week.  I will highlight my favorite pumpkin pie. 

Do something creative today.

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment