Sunday, September 17, 2017

Shimmery Fall Watercolor Background Card

Welcome to the Paper Maven! Glad you stopped by today.   Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  It's been busy for me.  Last night a group of our friends got together for Gourmet Club.  It was our turn to make dessert. I made Half Moon Cookies (Utica, New York style).  I will be sharing pictures and recipe next Saturday.  

Today I want to share a lovely fall card created with watercolor paper Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls. There is a beautiful shimmer all over the card that is really hard for me to capture in a photo.    

I love how this design allows the sentiment to be the focal point of the card.    

To create the fall coloring I wet watercolor paper, applied ink to an acrylic block, spritzed the ink on the block and applied it to the watercolor paper.  I repeated the process for each color of ink used.

The fishtail element was cut from watercolor paper that had been spritzed with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls.

The sentiment is from Simon Says.  The leaves are from Stampin' UP!'s Botanical Builder Framelits. The pearls and copper thread is also from Stampin' UP!

I used the following inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossil Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon.

Thanks for stopping in!

Do something creative today.

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment