Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Create Card Gift Packs

Happy Tuesday everyone! This past weekend's Gourmet Club was another success.  Our club is four couples who come together about once a month to share a meal and enjoy each other's company.  One couple hosts ( it was my turn) and plans the main entree.  Others take care of appetizer, dessert, cocktail and soup or salad.  For the main entree, I chose to brine and butterfly  (never did this before) whole chicken fryers and roast at 500 degrees.  I was worried about the baking instructions but the chicken turned out very moist with crispy skin. This recipe is definitely worthy of a repeat performance.

We have a tradition of a small gift being placed at the table for the ladies (sometimes the men get one but not often).  I remembered I needed to take care of this late Friday evening.  I needed to come up with something quickly. 

The supplies you see in the picture (left) were scattered on my workstation. As I started to clean up Friday night, I got an idea for the small gift I needed.

I created a gift pack of cards that needed to be put together for each of the ladies.  I used Picture Perfect Party  and True Gentleman Designer Series Paper, coordinating cardstock, ink, dimensionals, embellishments and a variety of stamps.  I used the card desgin from my Glitter Queens Blog Hop post which made the gift packs quick and easy to assemble.

Debbie, Marie and Terre had 4 cards each to ink  and assemble with a picture of the card on thier phones to guide them.  They picked their sentiments and stamped the circles right before they left Saturday night.  It was great material for a blog post.  Unfortunately,  I forgot to take a picture.  I will tag them when I post on Facebook and encourage sharing of their finished cards.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy the rest of the week. I hope your weather is better than Cincinnati's.  Old man winter still lingers!

Do something creative today!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment