Monday, October 2, 2017

Ornament Card FMS #307


Welcome everyone, so glad you stopped by today to see what is new at The Paper Maven.
Here is a quick and easy card that was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches # 307. It is really fun to take a sketch and make it your own using different shapes and elements.  I had many different ideas but eventually decided I liked this one best.  The inside of the card completes the sentiment with "and peace this holiday season".

A big thanks to all of the design team members who support this challenge every week.  You are awesome! 

I found the large ornament in my stash as I was looking to see what might be fun to use for Christmas cards this year.  I bought this a long time ago and I have never used it on a card before.  Obviously I have too many things in my craft room (LOL).  You could use any large die in your stash that has an open design.

 

Please visit the FMS website HERE to see everyone's interpretation of this week's sketch.   



Supplies used:
Base is navy blue cardstock (51/2 x 81/2, scored at 41/4.
Mat is soft grey (53/8 x 4/1/8).
Top layer is whisper white (51/4 x 4) embossed with Stampin' UP! Softly Falling.
Ornament is die cut  from the embossed whisper white and Silver Foil paper.
Vellum is behind the ornamen.
Sentiment is from Tim Holtz and cut from Silver Foil paper
Ribbon is from Stampin' UP!.

Do something creative today!  

Debi

6 comments:

  1. I love how you've used an ornament with this sketch! Your card is elegant and creative. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I really enjoy your challenges. I love your three dimensional shaker leaf you created for this weeks sketch. You were my inspiration to think outside the box.

      Delete
  2. Truly lovely! The ornament is beautiful - and I love the way you have highlighted the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I love playing along with Freshly Made Sketches.

      Delete
  3. The ornament is so elegant and I think that ribbon is lovely. So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I love how you combined the Oxide Inks and the Wood Textures DSP. Amazing!

      Delete