Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Easy Card for Any Occassion

Card Front
Card Inside
Today I want to share a card I made in June for my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation.  Her name is Grace.  The day of her graduation I left the card where she would easily find it when she arrived home from school.  Grace opened the card as soon as she found it and turned to me and said, "Nonni when did you find the time to make this pretty card for me?" I replied, "I made the time because I love you."  A priceless moment I will not forget.

Change the sentiment and you have an easy card for any special occasion.   

The card base is the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and is made with Berry Burst cardstock (144243).  The background circle stamp is from Playful Backgrounds (141920) and was stamped with Berry Burst ink (144083).  

The banner strip is 1 1/2" x 6" of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock (144245).  I used the Banner Triple  punch (138292) on each end.

The Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP 144125) is cut at 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set B.Y.O.B. stamped with Berry Burst ink.  I cut two pieces of cardstock (Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist) with the Pretty Label Punch.  

I used dimensionals and gold thread to finish off the card.  

The pictures do not capture the shiny foil well.  It's really pretty! It's one of my new favorites.  The backside of the paper is a plain kraft color which I used on the inside of the card.  

Do something creative today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment